Let the family know you care by sharing this tribute.
Harvey Wadleigh, 83, passed away on July 30th, 2013 at Kansas City Hospice House after a short battle with pancreatic cancer. A memorial service will held at Blue Ridge United Methodist Church, 5055 Blue Ridge Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64133, on Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 2:00 PM. A visitation will precede the service at 1:00 PM. In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials to Raytown Retired Teachers Assoc., PO Box 16951, Raytown, Mo. 64133 or the Kansas City Hospice House & Palliative Care at 12000 Wornall Rd. Kansas City, MO 64145.
In 1955, Harvey married Shirley Williams, who precedes him in death. They leave behind three children, Gregory Wadleigh, Lori Wadleigh-Dowling and Douglas Wadleigh; and an extended family including sons-in-law Rick Dowling and Thomas Long, and four-legged “grand-dogs” Eddie, Mollie, Scrappy and Scruffy. He is also survived by; many nieces and nephews, including Sherry Templeton, Oneta Templeton and Lisa Farmer of the Kansas City area.
Harvey was born January 17th, 1930, in Green Ridge, Missouri, to Louis and Ona Wadeligh. He attended school in Green Ridge and graduated from CMSU in 1952, receiving his Masters in Education in 1957. He served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1958-1960.
Harvey worked in the Raytown School District for 33 years, followed by serving as the Director of Raytown Chamber of Commerce. During his life, Harvey belonged to multiple Civic and Religious organizations. He was recognized with many achievements during his life, including:
- 1985: State President, Missouri Associate of Pupil Transportation (M.A.P.T.)
- 1986: Resolution, Missouri House of Representatives – Outstanding Service to Education
- 1986: awarded life membership, Raytown Area Chamber of Commerce
- Trustee, Board and Administrative Council, Blue Ridge Methodist Church
- Board of Directors, University of Missouri Resource and Extension Council
- Member, Raytown Rotary, over 20 years